Sunday, March 25, 2007

Mr Toad is still in my yard....

....But my dad heard that toads are poisonous to dogs. Does anyone know if they are or aren't? Are there specific breeds of toads that I should stay away from? If the toad that is still in my yard is dangerous, what would be the best way to get rid of it (most creative?!)

8 comments:

Zach said...

I don't know which toads are poisonous to us dogs. To get rid of the toad pick it up and put it in your neighbor's mailbox.

hana said...

I don't know anything about toads and I have never seen a toad. But, if there is a university near where you live, you could email the animal dept (zoology?) with the toad picture to see if they can identify it for you, and then they can also tell you if this one is poisonous. My mom did that when she found some bugs on our porch and she was wondering if they were termites.

hana said...

By the way, maybe the toad thinks you are in HIS yard!! And he is wondering how to get rid of you!!

hana said...

since we're barking about toads, this was on the front page of yahoo this morning. Group finds toad the size of a small dog

Wimsey said...

Actually, the ASPCA Poison Center just says "toads" are poisonous. They all have some sort of venom (?). Depending on where you are, the Cane toad might be a problem and they are deadly. Take care of yourseld Ender!

Wimsey

Buster the Wired Fox Terror said...

There's a brown toad here in the Floribbean, that if a dog licks it it will die if not treated right away.

Bussie Kissies
Buster

Ender said...

Zach, Hmmm in my neighbors mailbox...I'm sure the young boys might like that, but mot so much the mailman!
Hana, I might be in his yard, it's hard to tell how long he has been there...I'll have to evict (sp)him!
Wimsey, Thanks for stopping by, I'll add you to my links list if you don't mind! And next time I see that toad, I'll have to bark at it and tell my mom to get rid of it!
Buster, I'm not dead yet, I'll stay away, just in case!

Anonymous said...

Cane Toads are the ones that are venomous... i know that when dogs get a hold of most frogs though, it does cause them to foam at the mouth, but it doesnt really hurt them. You should call your vet! :)